Apr 29, 2007

Popoki, What Color is Peace? Popoki's Peace Book 1 arrives!

Popoki, What Color is Peace? Popoki's Peace Book 1 is now scheduled for release on 15 May, but I received a number of copies early. It really looks wonderful. Thank you to everyone who has been involved for all your hard work and support.

Many wonderful things have happened. Today, 45 members of the Kobe Eiko Church bought copies, as did the taxi driver who took me there! In the evening, I spoke briefly with someone waiting in line for dinner at a restaurant where I had been eating with friends. His name is Mitsuru Tanaka, and he wanted a copy, too. I hope Popoki brings happiness and peace to everyone. I certainly want to remember all of these brief encounters.

The University-at-Sea ship is docked at Kobe right now. Last night, I had the pleasure of having dinner with Prof. Gloria Rudolph, an anthropologist who is teaching on the ship. She told us of her adventures, and brought back a couple of copies of Popoki. One is gift from me to Archbishop Desmond Tutu, a special guest on the ship. Hopefully Archbishop Tutu will enjoy meeting Popoki and will share his reflections and comments with us.

No comments: